Greek cuisine is intimately associated with the use of lemon, herbs such as basil, thyme, oregano and marjoram. Oregano is particularly interesting and is often used in Greek recipes.
There is an impressive variety of recipes Greek salads. It differs in that it uses mountain oregano, found on Mount Othrys the heart of Greece. Other recipes can be used also by using this herb has a refined and unique flavor and contains known for their antibacterial and antifungal properties of essential oils.
• 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
• 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
• a few slices of red onion
• 12 black olives
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
• 1 to 2 tsp. to tab (15 to 30 mL) chopped oregano
• 1 cup (250 mL) diced feta cheese
Mix ingredients, olive oil and oregano. Add the feta cheese.